Sunday, December 2, 2012

Changing My Identity...

Who are you?  Who are any of us?  Lost, broken people in a lost and broken world.  Struggle and strife are a sure thing for everyone.  But God uses that hurt and makes it into something good.  I wonder if the deeper pain makes for even more good? 

Throughout this time of crisis at our house, I have learned more about myself than I ever wanted to know.  Some of it is not pretty.  (But we'll skip over that for today!)  I've found that I identify myself solely as mom.  I am KC and AJ's mom.  But I really am so much more. 

Looking forward to the next 8 weeks there are going to be two life-changing events.  KC will be moving to a safer place and I will be having bariatric surgery.  The first is truly deeply painful and the second is truly deeply wonderful.  (Coincidence?  I think not!)  Both events are going to change who I am to my very core. 

I am excited to see what is going to happen.  I am eager to have God rebuild and remold me from the inside out.  Embarking on this journey is going to be life-changing and I can't wait (impatient much?) to  find out who I am going to be.  It feels like a second chance at life! 

If you could have a fresh start in your life, what would you change?  How would you redefine yourself? 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Staci for this honest post! I appreciate your love for your children and a caring heart. So thrilled that God is revealing himself to you in a new and different way. I will be praying for all the changes that you are going to be going through. I know that with God's help, All Things Are Possible! His grace, love, care, and forgiveness are amazing. Walk through this door and see just how He will continue to reveal Himself and His will for your life. Your friend, Jane Dahl Emerson

    ReplyDelete