Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

As we ring in the new year, I can't help but to take stock in what has happened in the last year.  Most notably, I started 2012 with four kids and now I only have one. Well, I guess I started 2012 living with four kids and ended it living with one.  For none of them are ever ours for keeps.  They are gifts from God Himself for us to take care of while they are here. 

I love being a foster mom.  I hope that I will be able to foster and/or adopt again in the future. Most recently,  I was so very blessed to have taken in a wonderful teen mom and her little girl.  They stayed with us for almost two years and left us in January of 2012.  I am so proud of all that momma has accomplished and am excited to see what God has in store for them this year. (Thanks, D for being a part of our wacky life!!) 

Then in December, KC left our house.

Our year was book-ended with loss. 

As we look ahead, we trust.  We trust that God's grace is sufficient.  We trust that He will work all things out for good for we do love Him and are called according to His purpose.  We trust that no matter what hills and valleys we travel through in 2013, and there will be many of each, that He will never leave our side.  We will be strong and courageous as He fights our battles.  And at the end of each day, we will come to Him for rest.  Sounds pretty exciting to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment